LearnVest™ is a rapidly growing startup website with offices in the heart of Union Square in New York City. The company’s mission is to provide stellar content, tools and support to help women gain control of their personal finances.
LearnVest was recently selected as one of Fast Company’s Top 25 Women-Run Startups to Watch. The company has received venture capital backing by Accel Partners, joining their digital portfolio alongside Facebook, Groupon, Etsy, and others. LearnVest’s foray into the personal finance space has garnered media attention from The New York Times, ABC News, Fox Business News, and U.S. News and World Report.
LearnVest is seeking a smart, creative and dynamic Editorial Assistant to join the editorial team in an exciting growth period. This position reports directly to the Editor in Chief, and will perform basic functions to support the editorial staff in its content strategy and production. This position will provide you with unique exposure and opportunity you won’t easily find elsewhere—here, in addition to performing editorial administrative tasks, you will have the opportunity to pitch your own ideas, write, and be a part of shaping a growing publication’s voice.
- Assist with conception and production of content, including newsletter stories, blog posts, web interactives/tools, social media, and other digital media
- Coordinate assignments and deadlines, in house and with freelancers
- Manage outside content syndicate relationships and upload stories for publication
- Conduct fact-checking and copyediting
- Write stories and web or marketing copy, as assigned
- Provide administrative support for editorial team
- Manage workflow, meetings, appointments and internal communications
- Develop relationships with other media outlets, PR agencies, and sources
- Other tasks as required by the Editor in Chief
- Has a BA in journalism, English, or related field
- Is *extremely* organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, driven, and a get-things-done process driven type
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Has experience with copyediting and fact-checking, and familiarity with AP style
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is web savvy: an avid web reader, stays on top of content trends, understands social networking and digital media trends
- Works gracefully under pressure, and can meet daily deadlines
- Takes initiative and is a creative thinker
- Has some digital, web and/or multimedia chops (shooting video or photo, programming, familiarity with WordPress CMS, Adobe CS software)
- Desires to work in an entrepreneurial environment
Is competitive with industry standards and will be based on candidate’s specific experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with Editorial Assistant listed in the subject line. Indicate how you learned of this opportunity in your cover letter.